Summary of the Position
Head of the Local Network Secretariat and reporting to the Local Network’s Board of Directors, the Executive Director is responsible for overseeing and executing on the Network’s mission as well as managing all programs. The Executive Director’s responsibilities also entail ensuring the smooth running of all operational/administrative aspects of the Local Network including human resource management, financial management, and event management as well as safeguarding the integrity and governance of the organization. The Executive Director is expected to liaise regularly with the Head Office and ensure alignment with the Group policies and Local Network Quality Standards. As the highest-level executive of the Secretariat, he or she has a minimum of seven years of experience in project or programme management related to the Network’s programmes and mandates, including managing and supporting multi-stakeholder initiatives. Experience in corporate sustainability, or international development is strongly desired.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Overseeing and executing the company strategy, value proposition and associated programmes;
- Representing the Local branch within the Group as well as externally vis-à-vis companies, Governments, media and others;
- Advancing thought-leadership in current and emerging areas of corporate sustainability;
- Reporting to the Board and managing Board relations including taking and presenting minutes of all meetings; and collecting and circulating any relevant information to the Board;
- Managing the day-to-day operations of the local branch, including human resources, budgeting and financials, participant communications, event management and fundraising;
- Overseeing recruitment and retention activities including pitching the Local Network’s value proposition and supporting the other companies and other organizations’ efforts in meeting reporting requirements;
- Maintaining regular communication with the head office, responding to head office consultations and reporting requests, ensuring full alignment with Local Network Quality Standards, and safeguarding the integrity and brand;
- Overseeing the organization of the annual General Assembly and maintaining mechanisms to feed participant feedback into the strategy and programmes;
- Managing strategic partnerships including with other agencies, business associations, civil society, etc.
- Implementing the strategy of the Group around awareness-raising, training, capacity-building and partnerships on corporate sustainability with regards to gender equality, environment and climate, sustainability supply chain, and the blue economy.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of experience
- Relevant experience from working in or with the private sector
- Excellent networking and interpersonal skills and ability to represent the Company in high-level events and meetings
- Experience in managing a team and engaging with a professional Board of Directors
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including full proficiency in English
- Proven ability to deliver presentations to senior leadership and high-level partners.